Oh-Em-Gee Dias de las Madres is coming! Do not panic if you are a travel-savvy mother, or have one yourself, these eight items make great presents for your viajera. When traveling, we usually need all kinds of gadgets that help make our adventures more memorable. Also, we are able to find little details of pleasure and beauty that will always stay in our heart regardless of how much time has passed, and remind us of that special place we once stepped foot on. Having that said, let’s take a look at these!
1.Obviously, the first choice for a perfect gift is a trip, or a vacation to a place she already might have her eye on. Keep in mind that it does not necessarily have to be expensive as long as she can relax and be free, or whatever tingles her jingles. BTW, a spa day can also remind her of a tropical summer.
2. A world map of places to go together. Yes, there is a time when we begin to explore the world on our own, yet there are beautiful places to see with your best friend la jefita. My mother, for instance, has never had the change to travel abroad and it is something I always keep in mind. I will be giving her five pins to select where she would like to go in the nearest future. It is my duty to return and give something back after all the work she has done for us. BUT, if your mamá is already a traveler, then even better because you can tag along and discover places together.
3. A sweet taste from the places she loved or those that bring back memories from great trips. For example, macarons that reminiscence Montmartre, true Colombian coffee, or “unas buenas pupusas” as my very own ama would say.
4. If this cashmere travel set does not say “mamá, I love ya” than I really hope I can borrow it, and bring something else back, cuz it is totally dreamy.
5. Pretty sure you are her sunshine, but she will never say no to the perfect pair of sunglasses. This is great for the traveler mom who likes to adventure and look good at the same times.
6. This one gets me moving all the way. A video call, or simply a call from a special someone she has met along the way. When a person is traveling, you see many people and hear many stories. about them and sometimes build a strong connection. Sometimes these people have helped you, have influenced you, inspired you, or moved you in some sort of way. Arranging a call from a special someone from abroad can be very gratifying.
7. If she cannot travel at the moment, this tea set from around the world will make this world savvy mamá reimagine those peaceful places she has been to.
8. A postal card or simply a cute card acknowledging how awesome she is and what she means to you, because no matter where in the world each one of you are, la mamá es la mejor!
And, indeed. Feliz día madres viajeras! Ama, the mosquito repellent and killer jacket you already have it.
Featured image: http://s1.it.atcdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/shutterstock_189568649.jpg