Can you say #GroupGoals? We are super excited for our first workshop trip experience with Scarlet Macaw Trips because of these amazing mujeres who have registered to join us! To get an idea of some of the numbers, we have 4 therapists/mental health providers and 3 teachers along with a couple of other miscellaneous professions. Geographically, there are 3 people living in Colombia, 6 people living all over California (3 of which are living in Los Angeles), and the rest from all over the US. We’re excited for a diverse group including 2 Central Americans -Guatemalan and Salvadoran-, 4 Mexican-Americans, 1 African-American, and 5 Colombianas.
The grand majority of the group are in beginning stages of businesses and passion projects, so there will be strong peer support in order to spark next steps. In addition, there is a large interest in the spiritual focus of the workshop: connecting with ancestral roots, connecting with self, and connecting with nature.
This spring, Travel Latina is teaming up with Scarlet Macaw Trips to host the first ever CONEXION LATINX in the beautiful eje cafetero region of Colombia. The week (slated for late March, early April, 2018) will be dedicated to personal and professional discovery, cultural growth and understanding via dynamic workshops, fun classes and immersion activities, dialogue, art making, and professional roundtable seminars.
As entrepreneurs, we at Travel Latina and Scarlet Macaw are in the process of molding our passion projects into something sustainable and for the greater good. We suspect we are not alone in trying to get a passion project off the ground …and so we are reaching out to our community.
Pachamama’s Earth depicted with Café
Café de Colombia
We are inviting artists of all kinds, movers and shakers, entrepreneurs and adventurers to join us for a week in the eje cafetero region of Colombia to explore themes that we believe will help us galvanize growth in our personal, professional, spiritual, and emotional lives.
As Latinxs, we believe we are stronger, smarter, and more powerful together. We want to hear your stories, what you’re doing and dreaming, where you’re stuck, and how we can lend helping hands or facilitate a meeting of minds. Sharing insights from our respective experiences might inform the choices we make next.
The colors of Salento, Colombia
- Both Ale and Sahara (the founders of TL and SMT, respectively) have chosen to move there and are currently working on projects specifically linked to the country. With travel to Colombia booming, the time is right to host the first workshop for Latinx here in the rich soil of the coffee region. The fertile lands that produce world-class coffee, guanabana, banano, papaya, orchids – and more – can serve as a metaphor for what we hope to nurture with you throughout this week. What can we plant? What can we cultivate within our communities for the greater good?
- We know the region and feel comfortable hosting you here.
- A number of Ale’s travelers have passed through or want to return to Colombia. We think this is the right spot for our workshop not only because of the country´s breathtaking beauty but because the environment is inspiring and lends itself to community interaction and collaboration. Colombia will open our minds and serve as ground 0 for creating meaningful work.
Reflecting & Thinking
Collaboration & Brainstorming
Yoga, meditation, and other healing practices
This trip is right for you if:
- You’re at a crossroads or on the ascent professionally
- You’ve started a project and are seeking ideas or collaboration
- You want to explore Colombia while collaborating with local women and supporting local entities
- You are seeking an amazing travel experience (day trips, nature, beauty, music, good company) while seeking answers or feeling curious and want to explore your inklings with us
- You are collaborative, driven, adventurous, and are craving a peer-to-peer experience
Goals for this trip experience & workshop:
- To nurture this first cohort of Latinx Firecrackers from here on out; this group is for life – a growing network of Latinxs working in every sector from education to tech, art to medicine.
- Support and strengthen you through this travel experience.
- Provide a safe space in which to address everyone’s project, offering genuine support and honest feedback. Constructive criticism makes us stronger and equipped to take on big challenges.
- Show our travelers other facets of Colombian society not often shown by western media.
- Connect with: the earth, ancestral roots, each other, ourselves, local communities.
- Bring back to our communities at home more reason to listen, watch, and learn from this generation of Latinx.
Stay tuned on social for further details about pricing, itinerary, and registration process – tentatively opening on February 1 at midnight.